Thursday 27 June 2013

Portobello Road + The Hilarious Dog

I realize now that the title to this blog post is misleading. I really wish that I could share some pictures with you involving a circus caliber trained dog doing some sort of wacky dance down the vibrantly busy streets of Portobello Road on a Saturday afternoon. I can't give that to you, I'm afraid. But you have gotten this far so....you know....you're committed.

In all seriousness, I wanted to follow up my last post, which was a really important one to me, with one that was genuinely lighthearted. My Mom would high-five me for that. She would want me to share some things with you that were fun...and funny.

A couple of weeks ago Michael and I made our first trip over to Portobello Road. We live just a few blocks from the north part of it, so got up on a Saturday and made our way down to the chaos. It's a good chaos, really. There are loads of antique shops, food stalls, produce stands, and live street performers that make you feel like you are doing something "cool" with your weekend. We tried our best to be cool, but I'm sure others were on to us.









The next two are for Dad....milk.....



and golf. What else could one need?











I seem to be happy with this bracelet, but get ready....




here comes the series of photos where I look pissed off at jewelry.












Who knew that I was such an intense shopper. 



The sun ended up coming out of the clouds that day so Mike and I took Otis to this enormous park that is just a quarter mile from us. The park and woods around it are absolutely beautiful. I am a serious outdoors girl, so finding a bit of London that is nearly devoid of other people is really rare...and welcome. 

We walked along and enjoyed the quiet.
























At this point we already thought that the park was pretty cool, and then.....we came upon this...




and this...






"This" may not seem like much to you. But when you have a two year old black lab it is literally the best thing in the world. Needless to say, Otis was really excited as well. This is where the hilarious dog part comes in.



Run to Dad!












 And there you have it. Portobello Road and The Hilarious Dog. I hope I didn't let you down. 


My best friend in the whole huge world is coming to visit tomorrow. She couldn't be coming at a better time. She has been there for me through every hurdle that life has ever made me jump over, especially this last one. She is my family....my home. 

We will have one hell of a time this weekend!

(Pictures to follow...)




2 comments: