Sunday 19 May 2013

Hastings hike.

My legs feel like Jello gigglers. They don't look like them, thankfully, but the epic amount of walking that took place this weekend makes it feel as though I am walking around in a bounce house. It was worth it though.

On Friday night we met up with some new people for a Big Ten alumni pub crawl around central London. It was organized by UofM grads so Michael had a lot to talk about with everyone. I managed to hold my own as a Spartan and not get punched in the face! Seriously though, it was a ton of fun and we met some fantastic new faces that we will hopefully be seeing again.

On Saturday, we woke up early and made our way to the London Bridge tube stop to go hiking in Hastings. There were about 30 other hikers that were along for the ride and we, again, met some incredible people from all over the world. The hike was a ten mile adventure that took us over cliffs and rolling hills, through lush forests, and even past some local wildlife. It was beautiful and I would gladly walk every step again.





































Oh hey.















When we got back to the flat Otis was worried that we hadn't had enough exercise yet....



So he got to go for a three mile "hike" around the park.

I start my new job tomorrow and we are beat, so we are laying low for the evening...in a seated position.

No comments:

Post a Comment