Tuesday 3 September 2013

VIP Visitor - Part I

I got really lucky when I married my husband. He is a keeper through and through...I mean, come on....he proposed to this face...



What a saint. Yes, I won the lottery with this gentleman. But on the day that I said "I do",  I also gained brothers...and sisters...and nieces and nephews...and a wonderful mother-in-law! I got to be a member of a very select group of people that have always treated me as one of their own...always accepted me for who I am.

Thank you for that, all of you. 

A few weeks ago, the CEO of the Schulte crew made her way from the Windy City to pay us a visit. And boy, did we have a blast. She told us that she wanted to see what our lives were like in our new city (and country...and continent), so we took her for a spin around our neighborhood...and beyond. 

The first couple of days were all about catching up on old memories and new stories...and food, of course. Our first epic meal was held at home and consisted of homemade tuna nigiri and mussels with basil bread crumbs (thanks to Ina Garten's recipe...that fabulously pretentious lady. Seriously, what the hell is "good" mayo. I shop at Sainsbury's/Jewel/Kroger....I'm buying Hellmans). Sorry, you really should try that recipe. It is fabulous and you will lick your fingers clean in the end. Pinky swear.






We ate, drank adult beverages, and talked until the wee hours of the morning. I absolutely loved watched these two sharing memories from days gone by.


Otis was happy to be included in the festivities.



On the first trip out into the city together, our obvious first stop was Borough Market. I can honestly say that I will never get tired of going there. It gets extremely busy if you venture out anytime after 11am, but the crowds and the chaos are totally worth the fuss.






We took her around the market and central London to some of our favorite spots in the area.


We weren't drunk...but we are certainly cheesy.




Ye Olde Cheshire Cheesy.....ahhhhhh, get it?? I'm sorry you had to read that.










And that was just the first three days! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment